So today was Suga’s birthday as most people know and last night there was a surprise announcement of a fanmeeting before inkigayo to celebrate his birthday with the fans, so needless to say my friends and i were 100% there for that! the fanmeeting was to be held in an elementary schoolyard at 10 am and those in front would get to also go for the live, which originally we had planned to try to do, but we ended up not finding the gathering of fans until 6am (when our line is officially allowed to start), so we were numbers 110-112, and thus totally not in contention for live tickets haha. we were a little sad about it since we actually came the night before and slept over at our friends apartment, which is across the street from SBS, but we ended up having great views anyway so no harm no foul~ i mean… this was with my crappy phone camera:
anyway, this is supposed to be a mini fan account for this mini birthday meeting!
By the time fanstaff arrived a bit before 9am, there were at least 300 fans lined up. We were supposed to start the meeting at 10, but fanstaff (as always) had trouble organizing us. This time it wasn’t entirely their fault though, there were multiple lines that had been started so there was a lot of arguing about which was the real line for a good half hour, 45 mins. Bangtan actually pulled up in their van while we were still lined up in the drive way of the school and had to ford the sea of fangirls like some kind of mythical oppa van moses caravan haha. They were still giving numbers out as they were filing us in to sit down on the ground in front of the benches where they were going to have BTS stand. my friends and I ended up being about 5 rows of seated people back, maybe 15 feet away? it made it a bit difficult to hear at times since the boys weren’t using mics of any kind but it wasn’t too bad. It had stopped snowing/raining by then so even though it was super cold at least the lighting was nice. fansites got a lot of nice pictures ^^
Prior to the fanmeeting starting, we got little sheets of paper to hold up during the birthday song which read “Suga-ya! Save March 9th, because Army is going to confess!” When the walked over they were all looking a bit bushy tailed but all very happy. suga’s eyes were just little slits, he was probably so tired T^T. Because it took so long to get us settled, the meeting was even shorter than it was intended to be. Anyway from here on out I think i’ll just bullet point things:
- they did their greeting and Suga seemed really surprised and touched that so many people came. it was probably just the cold/sleepiness but he looked like he was tearing up when he started speaking to us
- Jhope said even though it’s really cold so many people came out for suga’s birthday and thank you and then he said “i love you!” really cutely
- very quickly they sent suga away to bring out the cake and tried to light candles but because of the wind it was really difficult to keep the lit. the boys all tried to huddle around the cake to protect it. (bts huddles are the cutest, they looked like little penguins in their black nike jackets and the way jimin grabbed on to namjoon’s jacket to pull them in close was just T^T so cute i cant)
- suga got back on to the bench and we all sang happy birthday to him and he “blew out” the candles. jin was the one holding the cake and he had a spoon or something as well which he started to use to flick cake at suga’s face lmao.
- jin was flicking cake at suga’s face as the group was talking to us but after a few minutes he felt bad so he found a tissue and started to carefully wipe suga’s cheek (all the fans were like “잘 생겼어요 @_@”/ “so handsome” it was super cute)
- This was when suga told us all that he prepared a present for everyone who came! the other members kept jumping in to say things like “THERE ARE LETTERS IN EACH ONE! he wrote them all personally!!” and “he made 300 of them!”
- they said he was going to hand them out personally to the fans, but i think there were either too many people or there wasn’t enough time, so he couldn’t.
- jimin and hoseok were next to eachother most of the time and they were being super playful with eachother, we have some good pics to upload soon! at one point jimin was on the bench but hoseok was on the ground next to him and hoseok wrapped his arms around jimin’s waist, hugging him tightly.
- before they left hoseok was like WAIT! WE GOTTA DO PHOTO TIME!! so they ran to the side and took a group photo with us^^
- at the very end of their farewells, V ended up next to jimin and he hip bumped him so hard, he ended uo pushing jimin off the bench hahaha
- the presents from suga ended up being Honey Water (its really really sweet, like sugar, so “suga water”) and little packets with chocolate, throat drops, and a packaged pie treat thing, along with individually written notes, that, to my knowledge all say something different!
- More than 300 people ended up coming, so not every fan was able to receive a present, but when we lined back up for the live show check (my friends and i just went to get our attendance stamp), he had actually given the fanstaff more treats with hand written notes T^T what a sweetheart.
there are much better pictures from not crappy phone cameras of the boys so i wont put many here, but below is my two friends and my presents from suga.
They say “anytime is good” “I’m sorry, I love you” and ”Do you like Korean food? Do you like Western food?
I’m just so annoyed at some fans leaving “no more tattoos” comments all over Natasha’s instragram right now on her pictures/videos of Yongguk… No but really how rude can people get? Don’t they realise it’s absolutely none of their business if Yongguk wants to cover…